Sunday, September 18, 2011

LECTURE ON ILLUSTRATION: SEPTEMBER 24

For those who live near the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts, the Museum was kind enough to invite me to come present my views on illustration.

The museum is one of the premier resources for promoting "the rich visual legacy of American illustration art," so you can imagine how surprised I was to receive the invitation.

My talk is scheduled for next weekend, on September 24th, from 1:30 to 2:30.  Later in the same day, illustrator David Macaulay (the Museum's 2011 Artist Laureate) will speak about his work.

11 comments:

Stephen Worth said...

I wish I was on the right hand coast!

MORAN said...

I'm thinking of making the drive. Are you the "poetry and storytelling" session at 1:00?

Nick Jainschigg said...

Congratulations! I can't make it there, but I'm sure it will be great. Record it if you can.

Richard said...

That is very exciting. Congratulations David.

David Apatoff said...

Thanks, all. I don't know what possessed the good folks at the Rockwell Museum, but let's hope they don't regret this. It's my first time out from behind the veil. This should be fun.

Joss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom said...

Way to go David it should be fun.

laurie norton moffatt said...

Fabulous talk, David. Thanks for coming out Fromm behind the veil.

Laurie Norton Moffatt

David Apatoff said...

Laurie Norton Moffatt-- Thanks, Laurie, to you and all your talented team for inviting me up and giving me such a warm reception. The Norman Rockwell Museum is a splendid institution and I was very impressed by all the programs you have lined up. I will visit again soon and I would recommend that others who love illustrations do the same.

Tom and others-- Thanks for your kind good wishes.

StimmeDesHerzens said...

how cool. please post a video ok?, for those of us that could not be there, we want to see whats behind the veil ! :-))). gB
I'm sure your talks are as fun, exciting,and stimulating as your writing.

karoline said...

I like your fantastic web site David